Kajang Part 1: On Nostalgia and Pecel Lele

We went to Kajang this Saturday. It was both fun and nostalgic.

Fun because we got to eat Pecel Lele once again. Yes, Pecel Lele - deep fried catfish in its crunchy, salty goodness.

Nostalgic because - 

Mygash. That was my territory for what? Two and a half years? I was with Kuya Tram and take note that Kajang was his territory for an even longer span of time. Like, six or seven years, I guess. So you can just imagine just how melancholy we both were.

We spent two hours at the Pecel Lele eatery. Yes, TWO hours. We ordered the famous catfish. And we also ordered tempe (fermented soybean) and gado-gado. Gado-gado is a mix of vegetables with this savoury peanut sauce. It was goooood.

Pecel lele


Gado-gado


Tempe

As we ate, Bas Minis zoomed by. Okay, they didn't zoom by. They rattled by. Rapid KL U40 buses - those zoomed by. They brought memories of my first few months of work with them. I used to wake up at 5:30 am just so that I could chase those buses. So that I could get the 6:40 train at the Kajang KTM station. So that I could catch the 7:10 KLIA transit at Bandar Tasik Selatan.

Aiyoh.  It's strange how a place like that could bring back so many memories.

So we decided to walk around the area afterwards to burn catfish calories and to see if our favourite spots were still there. Some were, some weren't.

But that will be for another blog post.

(To be continued...)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts -- leave some love. ^_^