Seven Things I Learned About God

Debriefing post #6. Two more to go. Aiks. For this post, I will be sharing seven things I learned about God:

1. God cares for the harvester, not just for the harvest. As Christians, we sometimes deny ourselves, die to ourselves too much, and, though the Jesus and the Bible does tell us to do so (Luke 9:23), Jesus also said He came so that we might have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10b). The bottom line is, life before ministry, and our relationship with God over ministry as well.

2. God's thoughts for us outnumber the grains of sand (Psalm 139:17-18). He cares about us more than we can imagine. He has hemmed us in and out (Psalm 139:5) and it is His delight to be involved in the different parts of our lives. I have seen how He's been working in everything, even in my love story with Adrian. We've had so many moments when we saw God intervening at the speed of thought, especially when things got rocky.

3. Even when we are unfaithful, God remains faithful. He draws the prodigals back to Him. He proves true though we turn into doubting Thomases at times. I gave up so many times, but through it all, God never gave up on me. He never gave up on His work as well.

4. God is a good, good Father, perfect in all of His ways. He may bring us through seasons we can't understand. But when we look back at everything, we realize He has caused things for the good, after all.

5. God does great things through people who say "yes" and are available. Nuff said. Just do it, people. Just do it.

6. God LOVES people. He is not a tyrant king. We must learn to love others as He does, and not be blinded by prejudice and hate.

7. God is always just a prayer, a breath, a song away. Many times, I've forgotten Him, pushing through life without Him, living dependent on myself and on my own strength. But I must remember this. He is my Lord, my Savior, my Father, my Friend, my Everything. And so I must be aware of Him and spend more time with Him, not out of duty, but out of love and pure devotion.

This has actually been one of the harder posts to write. I don't know if some people will throw stones at my theology. But these were the things I've learned through my walk these past years. I know I will learn some more.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts -- leave some love. ^_^