Maginhawa Street Food Trip Part 1: Blacksoup Cafe + Artspace

I went back to the Philippines last May to attend a friend's wedding and to spend some time with my family, my friends, and my (*blushes*) boyfriend. Only had one week to kill so I had to make the most of it.

A and I made plans to food trip around Maginhawa Street on the 11th. I was staying around that area for the weekend and, since we're both into creative stuff, we both wanted to explore the artsy-fartsy sections of that neighborhood.

We ended up having lunch at Blacksoup Cafe + Artspace:  

"San mo gustong kumain?" (Where do you want to eat?)

"Sa ano... sa B-something and artspace. Nakalimutan ko na yung pangalan, basta may artspace." (In... in B-something and artspace. I forgot the name but I know that it has an artspace.)

Destiny and intuitive hunches led us there and we had a good feast for our eyes and for our tummies.

I really should take note of the stuff that I eat. That's one of my weak points. I'm not good at remembering the names of the new dishes that I order. I think I had the creamy spinach pasta though. It was good - somewhat like a cross between pesto and carbonara.

Well, we enjoyed the art - there were lots of pieces hanging on the walls, lots of pieces decorating the tabletops - the place is really cool and cozy. And they had suspended coffee, too. You get to order a meal or a cup of coffee for an unknown underprivileged person who could go to that cafe and claim that order at a later time. Unclaimed suspended items are meanwhile distributed to street children and their families.

Unfortunately, I only got to know about the suspended coffee details after doing post-blacksoup research - let's just say I was a bit pre-occupied that day to really absorb what the suspended coffee sign was all about.

I had my back to the sign. A took this picture as well as the other Blacksoup pics.

I'd love to order some suspended items though, the next time I pay that place a visit. Oh yes, there shall be a next time. :D Well, until that time comes, here are a few more pictures for us to enjoy:

Pretty cool wall clock, eh? Only realized it was a clock just now.

Cozy. No aircon, but cozy.

I love the colors!

Art on the wall. Art on the tables. 

Blacksoup Cafe + Artspace is open from Mondays to Saturdays at 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM. I wish I had taken note of that schedule - would have saved me from a lot of bloopers that day, but oh well. That's another story.

Visit the place and order some suspended coffee, maybe?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts -- leave some love. ^_^