Blast from the Past: Hat Yai

Oh Best Beloved,

I write this now because last week was February 14 and I remember that it was two years ago that I spent the 14th on a train. We went to Hat Yai, Thailand to meet up with some friends that February. If I remember correctly, V-Day was our scheduled train trip home.

The guys surprised us with roses a few hours before we took off. Some recorded video messages for their significant others. I couldn't help wishing you were there, too. Well. I had that lone rose with me to take as a Thai souvenir to KL.

I think we only spent three days in Hat Yai. Some of the others had stayed longer, but since I was taking up my master's degree then, I could only give up three days of my Thesis Time.

It was awesome discovering a new place, nonetheless. We paid the floating market a visit. We ate steamboat at a shabu-shabu house. There was an elephant there, but I wasn't able to take a photo. We went shopping and somebody bought me a nice pair of shoes. Oh, we had an awesome foot massage, too.

Do you want to see some pictures from that trip? Well, here they are, Oh Best Beloved:

The floating market.

The shabu-shabu house where the elephant was.

Happy faces.

Say what?
14-hour-or-so train ride. Thank goodness we got sleepers (train bunks).


I will be going back to Thailand this year. This time, I'll make sure to take photos of the elephants.

Soon,

Mari


No comments :

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts -- leave some love. ^_^